I haven’t posted in forever! I’m getting like my friends I make fun of who I’ve linked to my site for GOD only knows what reason. LOL
I’m gearing up for lots of travel over the next month and a half. That’s pretty exciting, but it’s mostly for work. I need to learn the art of living efficiently out of a suitcase. Any ideas? Here are my biggest challenges:
- Hair care! I need a minimalist hair style that doesn’t involve heavy bottled products or heavy, odd-shaped irons. I am already cursed with having to wash my hair several times a week (more in the summer) so the shampoo and conditioner are already weighing me down.
- My computer. I swear I must have the heavist laptop known to man. Does anyone else have a Dell Inspiron 1300. I feel like it weighs a ton. My latest space saving stroke of genius was to put the laptop in my carry-on bag (goal: that this be my only bag, ever, even if I’m gone for a month). The problem is that in the airport I have to unpack the bastard and put it in it’s own gray scanning tray!! It’s hardly worth ditching the laptop bag.
- Then there’s shoes!! Now, I know the ladies understand me. I live at two extremes on this one: wear my lime green flip-flops with every outfit…or take the right shoes for every outfit! The middle ground is only pack black and wear the same shoes with everything…but I am trying SO hard to break free of the black (with little success).
- Going out! Dressing for most conferences is easy (at least in my field), but what if I want to go out? Do I just continue to throw on the same cute top with the black slacks from the morning on every night? (Listen to me sounding like I have a social life! LOL) And, again, there’s the shoes!!!
- I have a growing accumlation of electronics that must travel with me too: power cord for laptop, cell phone charger, digital camera, battery charger, Epilady…They’re space killers!
I need some help and fast. I’ve got Minneapolis, Boston, Miami, Gibsland (don’t ask!), and Myrtle Beach in the next 6 weeks. I’m trying to find a way to slip Seattle and Atlanta in, but I’m not sure I can pull it off!
Is there and expert packer out there who can get a sistah downsized?!