So, since I’m just waiting for it to be 6pm (see previous post) I’ll share the list of weird things about me I came up with last night. I was tagged to do this a long time ago, but I can never remember all of it at once. Please feel free to add anything I’ve forgotten. Here goes:
- I get nauseous in the medicine aisle of the drugstore or supermarket. I literally have about a 3 minute limit to find what I’m looking for before I start to sweat, my mouth starts to water and I get unbearably queasy. I have to swallow like crazy to keep from throwing up all over the Sudafed. Yuck. I’m getting sick thinking about it.
- I am impulsive to an extreme fault. I remember when I first started to drive I was out riding my 12-speed. I dropped my bike in the driveway, as always and ran in the house for something. I got a phone call to come do something more exciting, obviously, so I asked if I could drive mom’s car. She said yes. I jumped into her New Yorker and backed out of the garage, right over my bike! Yes, I saw it. Yes, I knew it was there. Yes, I could have just moved it. But that would have slowed me down. So, I ran over it and went on my way.
- I pee on myself if I can’t laugh out loud. I have one of the most obnoxious laughs known to man. It involves a high-pitched scream, followed by normal laughter and occasional snorts. It can not be contained. If I am someplace where it is inappropriate for me to burst out laughing, better pray nothing funny happens. If I absolutely can not laugh. I’ll wet them! Can’t tell you how many of my undies have been tossed in public restrooms, how many church pews probably have a funny smell by now, or how many times I’ve had to buy a new outfit on the fly because I’ve wiped out the one I’m wearing. Kegel’s have helped. I’m down to minor seepage. It’s best that I just laugh.
- I never watched cartoons as a kid. I thought they were stupid or for boys or something. I don’t know what most people are talking about when they make references to their favorite episodes. But, I saw every episode of Great Chefs of New Orleans and Dinner with Julia!!
- I never cry when people die. I’ve tried to figure this out. It’s kinda like to me death is a part of life, so no big shocker. Except once. I’ve mentioned this before. My boyfriend from 15-18 was killed when I was in college. I cried like crazy forever. In retrospect, he was without a doubt the love of my life. R.I.P. Sean. Te Quiero!
- I’ll eat or drink behind just about anyone. I had no intention of putting this on the list. But my friends insist that this is weird. Gross even. I really don’t care. As long as you aren’t visibly repulsive or infected or something, I’ll take a bite off of your fork, or let you try my drink. No big deal. Now, kids with snotty noses offering me the spit soaked oreo in their hand…that’s a no!! A few weeks ago I walked into Tania’s kitchen to take some medicine. I grabbed a cup of water on the counter and took the pill. She was grossed out because she thought it was my cup that had sat out all night. I told her that in fact I didn’t know whose cup it was. She flipped out??? What? It was water!!
- I totally live by the 10 second rule. That should be no shocker. BUT, have no fear, I am an immaculate chef. I’d never subject anyone else to my apparently weird personal ingestion practices. Don’t start whispering in the corners about what dish Lexi brought, ok you germaphobes??!!
That’s all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to add to my weirdness. I know I’m nutz!