I was tagged by Andy for this “Secrets” meme. I’m supposed to reveal 10 secrets about myself and then tag 2 other bloggers.
Without further ado…
1. I hated bathing when I was about 9 or 10. So, at bath time I would run a bath and sit on the side of the tub fully clothed and swish my washcloth back and forth to make it sound convincing. Then, I’d take my clothes off, wrap up in my towel and go to my bedroom to put on fresh, clean jammies. This happened every night. I may have acutally bathed once a week.
2. Heartissanfrancisco shared the “peeing like a boy” secret. I did this too, but it doesn’t count since I’m copying. So, I’ll share another peeing secret. The first time I decided to shave my nether regions completely bald, I had no clue the effects this would have on public bathroom use. The first time I tried to pee hairless while hovering over a public toilet pee went everywhere, down my legs, all over the toilet seat and soaked the back of the waistband of my pants. I was laughing so hard I couldn’t stop, so I had to just sit on the toilet to finish since I couldn’t stop the flow. I did my best to dry off and absorb the pee from my pants, but I had to walk around Miss Pissy Pants for the rest of the day.
3. I got caught in the process of convincing Ex (then boyfriend) to go skinny-dipping. We were parked on the side of a road near a pier. We went to sit on the rocks and I convinced him that we should skinny dip. We got our shoes off and he was going for his pants when a police car pulled up shining his flashlight in our faces. He warned us that the “park” closed at sundown and that we should go. I thought it was hilarious. He was scared to death and we spent the rest of the ride home deciding who we would have called to bail us out of jail if we’d been arrested. We decided on my parents. They would have thought it was funny.
3.1 There are some things about him I actually miss, but they are few.
4. I was brought home in a police car for skipping out on a summer enrichment program when I was 12.
5. I received an underserved A for a class I took in graduate school. I never wrote the paper upon which said grade was based. The professor agreed to not give me an incomplete as long as I faxed him the paper when I finished it. Well…he went back to Mexico, I’ve been otherwise preoccupied with life…and I still haven’t done it. This was in 2003.
6. I have a very hard time sticking with things. I’ve tried to master the piano, guitar, bowling, roller skating, tennis, belly dancing, bodybuilding, German, Korean, even anorexia. I get distracted by the next thing to come along. Salsa dancing is the one thing I’ve stuck with the longest. The longest I’ve stayed at one job is 2 years and that’s because I was under contract. I’m told it’s typical of a Gemini.
7. I hope I never grow up to the point of taking life too seriously.
8. I am very spoiled by both of my parents. That’s no secret to those who know me, but I am 33 and have never seen my cell phone bill. I’ve been on the same cell phone plan with mom and dad since 1991.
9. My weekly allowance started at $20/week. By the time I left home (when I married) it was up to $120/week. Yes, I had a full-time job. Yes, I was 25. Yes, I know this is pathetic. And, yes, you would have taken it too if offered!!
10. I used to think “trifling” was pronounced “triflent”, and I used to call people triflent. I was 12!!
Bonus: I only floss about twice every two weeks. That’s about how long it takes for me to realize that once again, I haven’t stuck with something I set out to do and start over. It fizzles out again after a couple of days and in two weeks I’m back to feverishly making up for lost time for two more days and then…
OK. That’s it.