~Macarena~ tagged me to do The Book Meme. I wanted to ignore her, but since I’d seen it elsewhere before and already started my answers, I’ve complied.
I’m really looking for new stuff to read…so prepare to be tagged!
1. ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE?
Too Be Told, Dan Allender
2. ONE BOOK YOU HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE?
MacBeth, William Shakespeare
3. ONE BOOK YOU WOULD WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND?
The Oxford Anthology of English Literature The whole shebang, not just Volume 2…That’s just the only pic that looks like the one on my bookshelf.
4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH?
Dirty Girls Social Club by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez.
I think this was the first time I laughed out loud in public while reading. I was in the airport waiting for my flight, doubled over laughing and crying. Now, I must say that when I leaned over and read what I was laughing at to the ex, he wasn’t as amused. But you can’t go by him.
5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY?
The Wounded Heart, Dan Allender
6. ONE BOOK YOU WISH YOU HAD WRITTEN?
Longing to Tell: Black Women Talk about Sexuality and Intimacy, Tricia Rose
I wish I could have experienced collecting all of these stories. I would have loved to meet these women and have the privilege of connecting with them in this area that we so rarely speak candidly about, especially in our communities.
7. ONE BOOK YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN?
All the pink books in Christian bookstores.
8. ONE BOOK YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING?
Letter to a Christian Nation, Sam Harris
9. ONE BOOK YOU HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ?
The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks
10. ONE BOOK YOU’RE GLAD YOU OWN?
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Tantric Sex, Dr. Judith Kuriansky
11. ONE MUST READ ALOUD?
And I hereby give my solem oath that I shall never tag you twice!!
Everyone else is tagged by association. Feel free to just give any responses you’d like in my comments.