I stole this from Confessions of a Geeky Blogger.. Since it’s about my favorite subject at this most wonderful time of the year, I’ve decided to do my own.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like both of them to be around. They’re just supposed to be there. But I really am not a fan of egg nog. It’s too thick and sweet for me. If there’s enough booze, I tolerate it, but I don’t like drinks that go down thick. Same for hot chocolate. I need it to be the real kind that you use real cocoa powder in and cook on the stove…and again, not too thick and sweet. I’m much more a hot spiced cider chick…or hot buttered rum!!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? As a kid he just sat them under the tree, until we started to get older and the number of gifts dwindled tremendously. Then he started to wrap them to add some excitement I guess. When I play Santa, I always wrap. I LOVE wrapping presents.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Depends on my mood. I really love crazy bright colored lights, half flashing, one strand not, all confusing so that when you sit and look at the tree you have to try to figure out what’s going to blink next (or not). I’ve tried to do the all white Target style tree….Yawn!!!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I will this year! Hehe.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Ummm? When I buy them. I would have had them up by now if I had remembered to claim them in the separation, but since I’m starting from scratch…it’ll go up this weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Ambrosia. My family is the only one I know that makes it right. Must have nuts, must have marichino cherries, must not have marshmallows or canned mandarin oranges. Yuk!!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Climbing into mom and dad’s bed to wake them up and beg to go downstairs to see what Santa brought. I did this last when I was 24.
8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? *sigh* I never believed in Santa. But I’m trying to correct my waywardness in my adult years.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. We did this once or twice, but I don’t like it. Torn wrapping paper goes with jammies!!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Color. Color. Color. I want a crazy tree this year. No theme stuffiness.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love It 🙂
12. Can you ice skate? Yep. Now, can I stop? Hmmm?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Nope. I love gifts. Doesn’t matter what. I’m easy to please.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Giving to the people I love.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Carrot cake and Thumbprints and chocolate chip cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Sleigh bells that my uncle used to ring right before handing out gifts. This will be our second Christmas without him.
17. What tops your tree? Angel. She used to twinkle. Mommy said I would twinkle too if I had that big tree up my skirt. I never knew what she meant. I do now!! [wink wink]. Don’t you just love her? I need to tell more Gerri stories here.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving 😉 And not just at Christmastime either. Whaaat????
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? These are the Special Times. I prefer the Celine Dion version, but this is the one I found:
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum!!! But the rainbow-cherry ones are the bestest.